- 300 g seitan sliced
- 250 g short grain brown rice
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 small-medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 medium potato sliced
- 1 small container tomato paste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp soup powder
- 1 tbsp yellow shwarma spice mix
- 1 tbsp red shwarma spice mix
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ½-1 tsp baharat spice blend (more if it doesn't have a lot of cinnamon, less if it does)
- Mix all ingredients, except potatoes, in a baking tin or casserole.
- Add water to the top of the tin.
- Arrange potato slices around the edges.
- Cover with foil and bake at 150-200℃ for at least 2 hours (until most of the water has been absorbed by the rice).
- Lower temperature to 75℃ for 6-8 hours.