- 1 Chicken whole, cleaned
- 3 tbsp basmati rice
- 2 tbsp yellow split peas
- 1 medium onion
- A few cloves garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½-¾ cup jasmine rice
- ½ cup dry white beans soaked overnight
- Mix together the basmati rice, split peas, ½ of the onion (chopped), 1 garlic clove, olive oil, salt, pepper, turmeric, cumin.
- Stuff the chicken and sew it closed to keep stuffing inside.
- Fill large pot 2/3 of the way with water and bring to boil. Put stuffed chicken, white beans and the other half of the onion (unchopped) into pot. Let it boil, skimming foam from the surface.
- When no more foam rises to the surface, add jasmine rice, salt, pepper, 2-3 garlic cloves, turmeric, cumin. Cover and cook on low overnight.
- Serve the stuffed chicken separately from the soup. Chicken is kept whole, served on a shallow dish, opened a bit to show stuffing. Soup is served in bowls.
- Option: Add whole eggs into the soup when soup is half cooked, and cook on blech/plata overnight.
No comment yet, add your voice below!